“Midway upon the journey of our life I found that I was in a dusky wood..” -Dante
COUPLES IN MID-LIFE
FOUR SATURDAYS 10:30-NOON/CALL FOR DATES
$ 395.00 PER COUPLE
Learn How To Transform Your Relationship, Even If You Don’t Believe It’s Possible!!
By the time we reach mid-life, we may discover the challenge of creating loving relationships far more difficult than we expected it to be. Our partner can bring out the worst as well as the best in us. In many cases the pain engendered by unsuccessful efforts to establish loving contact over time can become so intolerable that separation may appear to be the only acceptable option. Yet this need not be the case.
Our group will be a circle of support for tears, fears, laughter, and love, as well as a springboard to create the future we truly want. In a safe environment, experiential exercises will help you become more adept at listening, empathizing, and truth telling, creative problem-solving, and taking responsibility to create the relationships you want. The group size will be limited. Some of the topics and skills we will explore include:
- Identify the importance of why you picked each other in the first place
- Clarify the script that you keep replaying like a broken record
- Discover unmet needs from the past that burden your relationship
- Ways you may sabotage your relationship and why
- The Sexual Diamond: Life Stage differences between women and men
- The influence of child rearing or an “empty nest” on the relationship
- Defining and redefining roles over time
- Self-Inventory as opposed to your partner’s inventory
- Learn how to connect through the Dialog of Intimacy
- Sex Talk: Learn how to talk to your partner about sex
- Learning how to create closeness and intimacy and identify barriers.
- How to avoid sexual despair and create eroticism
- What do you have to give up to have love
- The importance of individuation and compassion in mid-life
The workshop will be experiential. We will utilize myth and fairytale, individual and paired sharing, group discussion, mindfulness and guided visualization, non-verbal awareness exercises, music, movement, poetry, journal writing, couples dialog, communications skills practice and optional homework assignments.
Group Leader: Lynn Krown, M.A., M.F.T. has over thirty years of combined experience teaching, consulting and leading groups. She holds an M.A. in Clinical Psychology from Antioch University and is a licensed marriage and family therapist (mfc 47151) in private practice in Sherman Oaks, California. She is also a certified couples and sex therapist trained by Walter Bracklemans MD in Inter-Analytic Couples Therapy. She has experience in both business and expressive arts which informs her work with people of diverse backgrounds and life situations. Lynn knows how to create a safe learning environment.
FEE: $395 per couple Limited enrollment. LOCATION: Office of Lynn Krown: 15720 Ventura Blvd. Suite 213. Encino, CA 91436
HOW TO ENROLL: Enrollment is limited. A private interview with Lynn Krown is required at no charge. Commitment to the entire series is also required to ensure the integrity of the group process. Cost: $395.00 per couple for four sessions. Phone: 818-754-8277 to schedule an appointment to meet with Lynn Krown, M.A., M.F.T. (mfc 47151) No prior experience is required.